Clothes Haul: Charity Shop Edition

Saturday, June 15, 2019


I absolutely love hauls. I like seeing what other people get and it gives me inspiration for my own style. In today's blog post I am going to be hauling clothes and accessories.

I'm living on minimum wage and working part time so it doesn't give me a lot of money each month. However that's where charity shops become a life saver. I just love the idea that you can find something nice or special that someone has decided to donate that can be passed on for someone else to love and enjoy.

Most of these items were bought from the British Heart Foundation, however I did purchase some things from other charity shops.

Red Dress (Hearts & Bows) £6.99
Bought at: British Heart Foundation
I've tried finding this brand online but not much is showing up, maybe it's an indie brand or maybe it's a brand that's stopped selling clothes. I'm not sure but it's a shame because the dress is gorgeous and I wanted to see other dresses. I think this has to be one of my favourite charity shop finds. It's a rich red and one of my favourite shades of the colour. Basically if I was in love with a clothing item it would be this dress.

Fern Dress (Dorothy Perkins) £8.99
Bought at: British Heart Foundation
At first I wasn't sure whether to buy it but then I convinced myself that it was for me. I liked the detailing at the hem of the dress, the opaque lining.

Burgundy Peplum Top (River Island) £9.99
Bought at: British Heart Foundation
I absolutely love peplum tops, they're so elegant looking and pretty. It's good for pair shaped ladies because it accentuates the thin waist and covers the wider part of the hips, it gives the appearance of being thinner which is a plus! I kind of feel bad-ass in this top. I even got complimented when wearing it, so that's great :)

Green Cami (River Island) £4.95
Bought at: British Heart Foundation
I didn't expect to find a top like this in a charity shop but I guess it was my lucky day. I mean especially clothes from River Island. Then again I haven't been to a charity shop for at least two years as I was living abroad. It's lightweight, a lovely rich colour and simple.

Daisy Peplum Top (New Look) £3.95
Bought at: Cancer Research
Super cute and would look nice with a pair of black jeans or trousers. It's simple yet lovely. Don't let the photo fool you, it's not flat like it looks and you can actually see the peplum design in person.

Off The Shoulder Floral Top (unknown brand) £3.99
Bought at: British Heart Foundation
I love the colour and I also like how it makes me look more feminine/girly. It's a little big but I just had to get it. As it's blue it goes well with denim.

Black Bag (Kuihua) £5 - £10
Bought at: British Heart Foundation
I don't remember why I bought this bag but it was a good snatch. It goes with anything and it's a decent size. Unfortunately the clip that held it together broke off but I make do regardless. I'll probably have to fix it sometime but for now it's fine as it is. I've tried to look for the brand but it doesn't seem to be anything legit. It's a Chinese word meaning sunflower but I don't see any brand for bags on google.

Black & White Striped Dress (Naf Naf) £9.99
Bought at: British Heart Foundation
 I love this dress, I actually wore it on my birthday. It's nice and flattering. I'm glad I bought it.

Black Dress (ASOS) £2.50
Bought at: Age UK (when I went to Knaresborough)
I was hesitant to buy this dress at first due to the detailing at the shoulders. The holes with the frills didn't convince me but something about the dress screamed witchy, dressy and sexy. I'm not sure why. Anyway, it's a cute dress and will be nice for a night out or a potential date.

Forest Green Silk Dress (Tenki) £4.95
Bought at: Cancer Research
I was going in search of a plain black dress for work when I stumbled across this gem. It's a size 14 which is too big but luckily it actually fits me alright. The only area that it's big is by the underarms but it can easily be fixed. I'll ask my sister, she's the one who's good with the sewing kit ;)

Red Long Sleeved Top (Mango) £3.50
Bought at: Sue Ryder
I went with my friend to Sue Ryder because she recommended it and it was a really nice charity shop. Upstairs held only vintage items and it was lovely. The colour of this top really sold it for me.

Burgundy Wrap Around Top (New Look) £3.50
Bought at: Sue Ryder
I bought this at the same time as the item above. It's one of my favourite types of tops (especially for the summer). Wrap around dresses and tops are just so delicate and feminine. For me it looks sophisticated and elegant. Red/Burgundy is my favourite go to colour and I was lucky to find it in this shade.

Floral Peplum Top (Influence) £4.50
Bought at: Cancer Research
I just spotted this on the railing kind of hiding from sight. I picked up on the floral pattern and thought I'd just have a quick look. I tried it on and wasn't sure on how it looked on me but I caved in and purchased it. I like the Japanese kind of kimono style with the flared sleeves.

Long Black Dress with Red Roses (New Look) £5.99
Bought at: British Heart Foundation
This dress was actually in the size 8 pile even though I normally wear size 10. I guess it varies on the brand. It was originally from New Look and it's very beautiful.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, I actually enjoyed writing it and putting it together. Do you like finding bargains in charity shops? Or are you more of a high street store shopper? Comment down below your best charity shop buy, it'd be interesting to know! :)

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie