Life Update | OXFORD

Saturday, August 22, 2020


I've been debating whether I should share certain information about my personal life on my blog. I don't want to give too much away because I like to keep a certain amount of privacy, however I do love sharing my life as well. It's a bit of a double edged sword. I'd like to give a short life update, if anyone is interested.

I am no longer living in York. I now have a new job in a new city and am slowly settling into my new surroundings. I don't really need to hide the location since my Instagram is linked, so I'm now in Oxford. It's as historic as York and just as beautiful. It's just on opposite sides of the country. It made sense to move closer to my roots. I'm a southerner after all. Don't get me wrong, I was happily integrated into the northern culture and still keep that close to my heart. Haha, soppy I know. As much as I'm a southerner, York really was where I called home. I'll always be grateful to that city. Who knows, maybe I'll move back there someday. Anyway, I digress.

The move down wasn't as stressful as I had initially thought. The only negative was the excessive heat and the heavy luggage I carried. Both trains ended up being delayed, but somehow it all worked out. I stayed at a hostel for a week and then into a private accommodation in which I am still here. It's situated perfectly, I couldn't have asked for better. It's literally a 5 minute walk to the university and a 10 minute walk to the towns high street. On those late university nights I can easily get back home safely. I'm thankful for that. Also, for the first year I won't be alone. One of my sisters is moving with me (shared bedroom) since we're both attending the same university. That'll be a unique experience shared between us.

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I'm excited to try new things like attending more music gigs. Oxford will be my new home for many years due to my studies (current and further studies) so I have time to become accustomed. Over time I'll be able to recommend some cool places for people who are thinking of visiting.

I have some ideas for blog posts so be on the lookout. I'll get around to it gradually. Thank you for taking the time to read today's blog post.

Take care,

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie