The Relevance to Music in my Life

Thursday, August 21, 2014


I'd like to talk about music right now. I have a huge obsession for music because I listen to it all the time and I just can't get enough of it. I describe life without music would be like a person breathing without air, it just wouldn't be possible. I know this is not literal, but I think you know what I mean. There's something about music which uplifts you when you couldn't think possible; it's an incredible thing. It fills an emptiness and fills it with purpose. You know, music can save people; change people. It's because of the lyrics, you can make a song so meaningful that it can make you feel better. I also believe it says a lot about a person. With lyrics being meaningful, the music creates the feeling and excitement. I know that many songs I listen to hold valuable meanings, additionally it can pull on your heartstrings. The rest of the time it's just a good beat you can jam to, and it can be the most fun ever. Music isn't just for listening, but for dancing. I love dancing to music; it's glorious. Music makes me feel alive.


I am going to create a list which demonstrates which song/s that go with an emotion or goes with a description, you'll know what I mean when you read through it.

What I listen to when I'm angry|depressed: Afraid by The Neighbourhood. This song soothes me as well, when I'm either angry or feeling depressed.
A song that makes me cry: Losing Your Memory by Ryan Star.
A 'pick me up' song: The Fire by Ben Howard.
A thrilling song: Feel So Close by Calvin Harris | plus the Benny Benassi remix.
A song I can sway to which is soothing: All I Believe In by Amadou & Mariam; The Magic Numbers
A song which sounds 'dangerous and badass': Bad Intentions by Digital Daggers
A sexy dance song: Enjoy The Silence by Anberlin
A badass song: Demons by Sleigh Bells
A song which cries out for longing: Ungodly Hour by The Fray
A song that pulls on my heart: Best Part Of Me by St Leonards
A romantic song: Turning Page by Sleeping At Last
A feel good funny song: Headphones by Mounties
A song that makes me shiver (in a good way): Run Wild by Ume
What I listen to when I'm in 'the groove': Blood by Editors & Look Inside by The Dig
What I listen to when I want to feel a strong emotion: Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran
What I listen to when I think about the supernatural: Believer by Viva Voce
Two songs which remind me of TVD season 1 & 2: Siren Song by Bat For Lashes & Running Up That Hill by Placebo
A song that reminds me of the TV show Revenge: Twice by Little Dragon
A song that reminds me of the TV show True Blood: All The Same To Me by Anya Marina
A song I listen to when someone gets under my skin (which picks me up): It Was Blue by Angus Stone
My 'revenge' song: Eyes On Fire by Blue Foundation & The Devil Within by Digital Daggers
A song which makes me want to scream to (in a good way, to get rid of my anger, a song which makes me feel good): I Caught Myself by Paramore
A song I listen to when I'm sad: Another Love by Tom Odell
A song that makes me feel a bit gloomy (it's lovely though): Strange Birds by Birdy
A song that describes me: In The Shadows by The Rasmus
A song that represents me: Like No One by Caught A Ghost

Now I'll give you my favourite bands:

The Neighbourhood, Placebo, Digital Daggers, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys, Mozart Opera Rock, Within Temptation, Paramore, The Fray, The Kills, Flood of Red, Linkin Park, Anberlin, 3OH!3, Foals, You Me At Six, Phantogram, People In Planes, AWOLNATION, Era, We Were Promised Jetpacks, The Rasmus, Muse, Vampires Everywhere!, Hard-Fi, Hurts.

Favourite solo artists: 

Lykke Li, Selah Sue, Mika, Ke$ha, Calvin Harris, Marilyn Manson, Tom Odell, Marina & The Diamonds, Lana Del Rey, Birdy, David Guetta.

(there's more but I would just be going on and on)

My favourite songs (this is going to be a long list, beware)

Every song by The Neighbourhood ♥
State Of Seduction by Digital Daggers
The Devil Within by Digital Daggers
Razor's Edge by Digital Daggers
Can't Sleep, Can't Breathe by Digital Daggers
Losing All Balance In Fells Point by Flood Of Red
Like Elephants by Flood Of Red
Home Run by Flood Of Red
I Follow Rivers by Lykke Li
Black Out Days by Phantogram
Best Part of Me by St Leonards
Out Of The Blue by Prides
Mercy by Hurts
Numb by Linkin Park
Royals by Lorde
Glory & Gore by Lorde
White Teeth Teens by Lorde
Buzzcut Season by Lorde
Like No One by Caught A Ghost
Devil's Work by Miike Snow
Sleazy by Ke$ha
Another Love by Tom Odell
Twice by Little Dragon
Don't Give Up by Ferras
Hello Lover by Empires
The Touch by Welshly Arms
It Was Blue by Angus Stone
Death by White Lies
Siren Song by Bat For Lashes
Conductor by We Were Promised Jetpacks
Medicine by We Were Promised Jetpacks
Believer by Viva Voce
Beauty Of The Dark by Mads Langer
Stood Up by A Fine Frenzy
Houses by Great Northern
The Spectator by The Bravery
Look Inside by The Dig
Losing Your Memory by Ryan Star
All You Do Is Talk by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Perfect Day by The Constellations
Blood by Editors
Precious Stone by Pete Yorn
Compulsion by The Doves
We Come Out At Night by Snake! Snake! Snakes!
Please Ask For Help by Telekinesis
Never Say Never by The Fray
You Found Me by The Fray
How To Save A Life by The Fray
Fever Dreams by Nurses
Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran
Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran
Sweat by Hard-Fi
All I Believe In by by Amadou & Mariam; The Magic Numbers
Hearing Damage by Thom York
Boom by Anjulie
The Fire by Ben Howard
Under Control by Calvin Harris & Alesso featuring Hurts
Decode by Paramore
Emergency by Paramore
Ignorance by Paramore
Faces by Patrice featuring Selah Sue
Evil With You by People In Planes
Creep by Radiohead
Optimistic by Radiohead
Hips Don't Lie by Shakira
Whenever, Wherever by Shakira
You Are Enough by Sleeping At Last
Gallows Strung by Snow Ghosts
220 by t.A.T.u
Tous Les Memes by Stromae
Meds by Placebo
Running Up That Hill by Placebo
Battle For The Sun by Placebo
Sleeping With Ghosts by Placebo
Every You, Every Me by Placebo
Too Many Friends by Placebo
Where Is My Mind by Placebo
Pure Morning by Placebo

I also listen to soundtracks, from TV shows to movies. My three favourite soundtracks are from The Vampire Diaries (all seasons), The Originals (all seasons) & The Twilight Saga (all movies)

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie