New Year's Goals 2019

Wednesday, January 9, 2019



Happy New Year!

2018 has been a journey of self-discovery. I am finally where I'm supposed to be so I'm excited to see what 2019 will have in store for me. At the end of last year I started writing a journal and it has been a really good outlet for my thoughts and feelings but it's mainly served as a means to document my daily life. I have also incorporated a page after each daily entry where I write down something I am grateful for, something good that happened that day, a quote of the day and a song of the day. I can look back on my diary and see how far I've come. I also bought myself a 2019 daily planner which I think is so beautiful. Here's what I hope to achieve by the end of this year, or at least attempt to :)

Re-sit my GCSE Maths: I'm at the point in my life where I am motivated and determined to go after my dreams. Maths will get me to my dreams. Proving to myself that I can do it is also really important to me. I've always struggled at school with maths and didn't believe in myself and my abilities. Adult me is ready to conquer.

Applying to university: Now that I know what degree I want to pursue, I will apply when the UCAS site is open. When I pass maths I will have no issues accessing the degree because maths is the only thing holding me back for this particular degree.

Take up an extracurricular activity: I would like to go to a yoga class or a dance class, something where I can focus on my well-being and have fun. I'd just like to meet more people and do something that I enjoy outside of work and home.

Save money: I currently don't have a laptop and I'd really like to get one so I can blog properly, start a YouTube channel, browse the internet and use it for studying.

Saying yes to more things: I'm an introvert and love my alone time. However I sometimes feel lonely and keep myself from enjoying life to the max. Saying yes to more things like invites to parties or dinners will give me more confidence as I'll be socializing and letting my hair down.

Volunteering: I want to give back to society in some way and I believe that volunteering is the best way to do this. My plan is to volunteer at a homeless shelter. Giving back to the less fortunate is really rewarding and can also put your life into perspective.

Wishing you all the best for 2019. Love,
Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie