TV Shows I'm Loving

Friday, March 22, 2019


Do you want to know which shows I'm watching at the moment? Want to get recommendations? Look no further, I've got the blog post for you. Without further ado, here are the shows I'm currently loving.

1. Brooklyn 99
2. Riverdale
3. The Order
4. The Good Place
5. The Santa Clarita Diet
6. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Brooklyn 99 wasn't a show that ever peaked my interest mainly because I thought it wasn't anything interesting. Boy was I wrong. This is a hilarious show full of camaraderie and good banter. I kept seeing stills/gifs on Tumblr but didn't pay any attention to it. I constantly laugh whilst watching, which is a good thing! I definitely recommend you watching it if you haven't already. It's an easy watch, and the episodes are only 21 minutes long - you can easily binge the show very quickly. If I had to choose a favourite character it would be Jake Peralta.

Riverdale called to me due to it's dark vibes and intrigue. When I watch shows like these I always feel 17 again. At first I didn't know that it was based off of the Archie Comics - I didn't even know what they were. It probably stirred up some nostalgia for people who liked the comics. Even though this is a teen drama, I was enthralled. My colleagues all watch it too so we chat about it at work. I'm team Betty, she's ma gal.

The Order is the new show on the block. It's a Netflix original aimed at young adults as it follows university students. I really enjoy this factor about it because I'm no longer a teenager and I like to watch things more focused for my age (don't get me wrong I still enjoy teen dramas of course). It's a show about witches and werewolves. It's quite refreshing to have a break from the vampire phase as this was the thing back in the day. I watched the whole season in just two days and I can say that I'm hooked! The ending had me shook though, it annoyed me so much. I hope season 2 redeems itself - if there's gonna be a second season. I sure hope so.

The Good Place follows the main protagonist who dies and finds herself in the good place of the afterlife, where she finds out that she was put there by mistake. She tries to find ways to stay in the good place with her friends who are in the same boat as her. This show is entertaining. Each episode is 22 minutes long (with the exception of one or two in each season) which is quite good. We're at season 3 at the moment, awaiting the subsequent season. I'm not sure where they're going with the plot but I am still entertained.

The Santa Clarita Diet is weird but really enjoyable. It stars Drew Barrymore as the leading lady. The story follows Sheila and Joel, a married couple that lives a normal suburban life but who's lives change when Sheila gets turned into a zombie and craves human flesh. It's about them trying to lead a normal life with their daughter whilst battling the struggles of having Sheila turn into a monster. It's funny, witty and gory. It's a fun show to watch, definitely recommend.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is right up my street. I love this show, it incorporates all the themes I like such as the supernatural, dark vibes and the occult. If you don't look at this as a bad knockoff the original Sabrina the Teenage Witch series but as it's own original show then you'll probably enjoy it much more. They've taken something light and turned it dark, which works for this show. It's an interesting take to make the witches in the show worship the devil rather than use white magic for the greater good.

Honourable mentions

La Mante - this is a French mini series crime drama with only 6 episodes and 1 season. I was enthralled and I guessed who the culprit was much before the end. I usually never guess the mysteries so I was happy to be right. I binge watched this show so since it's over I can't really count it in this list, hence being an honourable mention.

Lucifer - I'm not sure when the new season is airing but I'm putting this in my honourable mentions because it hasn't been playing for a little while now. I love this show - it would have been such a bummer if it had stayed cancelled. I was so relieved and happy when it was picked up by Netflix. The show is really about the characters in my opinion, as it very much focuses on character development rather than story line.

Good Witch - I was all caught up on Netflix when I realised that there was another season that wasn't uploaded on the app. So I'm currently waiting to watch season 4 but I've just read that they've renewed the show for season 5. I'm delighted that they've decided to carry on the series, I really enjoyed the first three seasons.

Thank you for reading today's blog post, do let me know in the comments which TV shows you're currently into.

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie