The wonderful world of ASMR

Monday, April 8, 2019

ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. People normally get a tingling sensation on the skin and scalp from triggers such as mic brushing or hand sounds. It's supposed to be relaxing and help alleviate feelings of anxiety, help fight insomnia and make you feel relaxed. Personally, I get sensations from ASMR and watch videos to help me fall asleep. I love the feeling of serenity and sleepiness that I get from it. I know that some people like to use it when they're studying or revising and others like to use it to only get tingling sensations. Everyone is different so different triggers work well on some and not on others. That's okay though, it's a vast niche.

AMSR doesn't affect everyone either. Some people find it strange but it's usually from those that don't get AMSR whether literally or as a concept. I admit, when I first found ASMR a few years ago I thought it was slightly unusual. However much later I was introduced to it again and it's been a heaven send.

You can find videos on YouTube as they're very accessible. There's a vast selection of channels but it's about finding the right people for you. Not everyone's techniques are to ones taste but it's just about finding which triggers work best for you and finding the ASMRtists accordingly.

Some of the many triggers include: mic brushing, hand sounds, whispering, ear cleaning, crinkle sounds, role play, water sounds. I'm personally drawn to mic brushing and water sounds. I'll go ahead and name a few of my favourite channels in case any of you would like to check them out. I highly recommend AMSR as a form of relaxation and anxiety relief.

These are in no particular order: Bright Grey ASMR, Creative Calm ASMR, asmr zeitgeist, Scottish Murmurs ASMR, ASMR Psychetruth, Batala's AMSR, ASMR Glow, FrivolousFox ASMR, SophieMichelle ASMR, Gibi ASMR, ASMRMagicWhispersRed ASMR, fastASMR and Rapunzel ASMR.



I've been contemplating starting my own channel and making videos to help others. I have a channel already set up but it's only there so that if and when I am ready to start then it's already set up to go. If any of you watch ASMR, then it would be lovely to hear about it in the comments section. I hope you found this blog post insightful and until next time.

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie