Daytrip to Castle Howard, Yorkshire

Tuesday, April 23, 2019


I'm finally writing a travel style blog post, it's been long awaited. Yesterday was Easter Monday and my dad and I went to visit Castle Howard just outside of York. It was absolutely lovely and I definitely recommend going, especially if you love historical sites. I felt like I was walking in the shoes of Elizabeth Bennet for a moment. The feeling of awe as I walked by the grand property made me realise how lucky we are to have these historical buildings dotted around the country. England is quite a quaint and special country when taking into account its beauty and history.

Firstly, we explored the gardens and they were so beautiful. The rose garden was cute and well maintained. We also took a fun little tractor ride down to the riverside. It was a cool addition to our visit.


The fountain was intricately designed and a lovely addition to the garden.








It's a great location to take friends, family or partner for a lovely day out. If it's a warm and sunny day like it was yesterday then you can take a picnic and enjoy it by the water or in the garden. I had a vanilla ice cream as we walked around the castle grounds. There was even a fair for children with a carousel and games where you could win toys, which was a nice touch. The estate held a lake and you could take a boat ride for just £3!



The castle itself was splendid. An absolute treasure. The stone walls made it feel old but it was in very good condition. There was actually a fire back in November 1940 so part of the castle was burnt down. It was fascinating reading about what happened. If you want to read up about it yourself here is a link to the official website. https://www.castlehoward.co.uk/visit-us/the-house/history-of-castle-howard


Here are some photos that I took of the interior:




 










Thank you for reading today's blog post. I hope you enjoyed it.
 Until next time,

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie