April 2018

Tuesday, May 1, 2018



Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a lovely start to Spring, the month where people revel in sweet flowers and good weather. I have to say that I never used to really care for Spring but over the last couple of years, my love for it has been ignited. I guess you could say my allergies had a play in dampening that mood.

I have some good news to share with you all, I have finally found my career path! I'm going to be qualifying as a nail technician. From the 6th April I was officially signed onto the course. It starts on the 28th May for 4 weeks. It finishes with an exam that is nationally recognised, so I can practice anywhere. I'm really excited, you don't know how much I feel liberated and happy. Being lost really does make you feel down in the dumps, but once you're out on the other side you can finally see improvements with your mental health and general outlook to life. At least that's the case for me.

Alongside the course, I will be continuing with my drivers licence. I said in my March life update that I was planning to move back to the U.K in the immediate future but plans have now changed. I'll be qualifying as a nail tech and taking my drivers licence in France, gaining experience with work, before potentially returning to England. I don't want to plan too far ahead because anything can change.

In other news, one of my sister's birthday was at the end of April and she celebrated in style, as you would expect from her haha. In May we'll celebrate our parents birthdays as well as mine. I can now appreciate being a Spring baby, it really is a nice season to celebrate anything - with good weather too mind you (oh how incredibly British to think that way haha).

I also managed to finish reading a book called The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr Joseph Murphy and it's about how the subconscious mind is the answer to all your problems and I have to say that it's life changing. I can't quite describe it without giving it justice. You can buy it on amazon for cheap. Like I mentioned in my April favourites, I'll be reviewing the book soon. Here is the link if you want to purchase it... click here.

April was a quiet month compared to what May and June will be, but that's okay because sometimes we need a more laid back month. Aside from what I've been up to, I'm delighted to say that life is going in the right direction. Soon I'll be working in a job that will be fun, and I'll become more social. It's only onwards and upwards from here on out.


Thank you for reading. I hope you all had a beautiful April.

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie