April Favourites 2018

Sunday, April 29, 2018


Hey everyone,

Welcome to my first monthly favourites post. We've finally reached Spring and good timing because the cold weather is finally getting old. I've been loving quite a few things this April, so without any further ado, let's get started!





Skincare & Beauty

Bioderma - This micellaire water is not like any other that I've ever used. I normally gravitate towards supermarket micellaire water or other types of makeup remover. However, I found out about this through a youtuber and had to try it out. This has literally been heaven sent! It takes off your makeup swiftly and you don't even need to use much for it to be effective. I find that it makes my skin feel clean and refreshed. Plus, it lasts for aaaages!
Hexomedine Transcutanée - Hexomedine is an antiseptic and disinfectant which helps fight against acne. All you do is use a Q-tip and dip it into the bottle and apply straight onto the problem areas, then you leave it until it dries. I used it at night but it can be applied at any time. I find it really helpful when I've had my upper lip waxed. Honestly, it has made the redness and spots disappear really quickly. Thank you French skincare :)
The Body Shop 'Vanilla Chai' Hand Cream - Lately my hands have been very dry and have bled many times (yup, how lovely!) so I've needed something to soothe the pain and help my hands heal. I found that this hand cream made my hands feel the most nourished thus far. Plus, you can't deny the scent - it makes you feel like you're in an autumnal bliss!
Natural Collection's Juicy Lips - I was sold on this lipgloss by Natural Collection because of it's opaque colour and vanilla scent. I'm definitely a sucker for vanilla. I bought this last summer because I had already purchased it a couple of years earlier and wanted to stock up on it. I love the sheer gloss and how it makes my lips feel nice and shiny. I prefer lipgloss to lipstick, mainly due to it suiting me better but I do love how it makes your lips shiny and glossy! For more of a bold eye look, complementing it with this lipgloss gives the makeup look a nice edge.
Nuxe RĂ©ve De Miel - When it comes to lip balm, I like ones which makes my lips feel moisturised and soft. This one by Nuxe does not disappoint. Good products are worth investing in. Also, how lovely is the packaging! So cute.


Perfume of the month

Flowerbomb Bloom - This perfume by Victor & Rolf smells lovely, in fact I chose this one over the original because it had a more powerful scent. It gives off an heir of elegance and femininity. The packaging is visually beautiful and quirky. I've been wearing it as my staple perfume this April and it didn't disappoint.


Jewellery

This gold chocker necklace from Moa has been an absolute favourite of mine this month. I got it for Christmas last year. I wear it almost every day as it's so cute and dainty. I definitely consider this necklace as a staple piece to my outfits.


Miscellaneous

I've been loving Soundcloud lately especially due to the fact that you can play the song on repeat without paying, unlike Spotify. Don't get me wrong, I'm still loyal to Spotify but this month Soundcloud has gotten the gold star :)

Songs I've been loving this month...


Red Flags and Long Nights - She Wants Revenge

Animals In The Night - Extreme Music

Walk Through The Fire - Zayde Wolf ft. Ruelle

Hunger - Ross Copperman

Devil's Soul - dirty Monster

Hyper Dark - Sleigh Bells



I managed to read a book this month which I am proud of, the reason being that I've been in a reading slump for a really long time now. It's called The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy. It was really insightful and helped me change my mindset and general outlook to life; a definite must read. A book review will be posted some time in the next month or so, so keep an eye out for that.

Thank you for reading my April Favourites post, I hope you enjoyed :)

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie