2018 Plans, Projects and Goals

Monday, March 12, 2018


I hope everyone had a lovely new year's celebration and a good end to the last year.
It may already be three months into 2018 but it's not too late to write up my goals for this year.

Quite a few things happened in 2017 which overall made it positive and negative equally. I spent the whole year living in the south of France with family, which in itself was both stressful and nice. I did a French language course at the university where I met several lovely people from all over the world and became friends with a few. I also spent most of my time stressing about my career plans or lack thereof. I invested my time practicing the driving theory and visited old friends in England during the summer. All in all it was more or less uneventful. I lost friends - that in itself was hard. I got the closure I needed and I am delighted to say that I've been happier (regardless of feeling lost in life as well) over the last few months due to changes in my life.

I look forward to experiencing new and exciting things in 2018 and believe that it will be a year of change and improvements.
  • My blog: I'm just getting back into blogging and I'd really like to improve it and gain a following, no matter how small. Interacting with other bloggers would be amazing!
  • Pass my driving theory: this is pretty self explanatory. It's been a long time coming actually, due to moving around too much in the last couple years. I took the exam twice in the UK, failed twice, then I've been practicing in France and still haven't had the chance to take the exam due to other issues. Now that I'm moving back to the UK, I'll be wanting to pass it quickly. Taking my drivers licence will take longer though because I'll be saving up for it.
  • Take a trip to a European country: time keeps passing me by, and I want to travel whilst I'm still really young. Taking the plunge this year will give me the confidence to doing it more in the future.
  • Learn another foreign language: I already speak French, however I would like to expand my language skills and take on another language.
  • Save money: this is a really important goal of mine. I need to save money for a future property, to buy a car, to pay for my drivers licence (and lessons), and so forth. This is a long term goal anyway but I hope that by the end of the year that I would have saved a good amount. This ties in with the fact that I want to be financially independent and not have to rely on anyone for money, which sounds like a very liberating feeling.
  • Losing weight/diet: nobody knows but I don't exercice, never have unless required by school, and it's been a long time since sport classes in year 11. I can see the toll it has on me physically, as I can be sluggish and a little over weight. I've really noticed a change during the last three to four years. So this year I want to make a lifestyle change because it'll be harder to lose weight later on in life. I would like to incorporate a plant based diet into my existing one so I can transition to a healthier lifestyle. Maybe one day I'll take the vegan plunge.
  • To meet my online friend: who knows if I'll be able to meet her, but I hope it's possible. She doesn't live too far away, and Ireland seems like a pretty cool place ;)
Thank you for reading today's blog post.
I'd love to hear about your goals and resolutions for 2018.

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie