Daily Makeup Routine

Tuesday, March 27, 2018


Today's blog post is about my make up routine. I usually wear minimal makeup. I tend to vary my makeup looks actually, because I have a lot of eye shadows to choose from.

I sometimes chose to apply concealer on my eyelids and under the eyes, as it hides the tiredness as well as help my eyeshadow stand out more. I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 01 or 02, which are the best I've ever used. I pair it with the Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder in shade 02.


Then I either use one of my eyeshadow palettes from Sephora or one of my Naked Palettes. I absolutely love the Naked palettes. I have a soft spot for Naked 3 because I am a sucker for the colour pink, light pink in particular. I find that the colours compliment my eye colour.




If I feel like it on the day I will also apply some liquid eyeliner, but I do put a black or brown kohl pencil under the eye (either on the waterline or underneath the waterline) because otherwise my eyes look too bare without it. For Christmas I got the mini Tattoo Liner by Kat Von D and it really is worth the hype in my opinion. It's the best liquid eyeliner that I've used so far, I definitely recommend.


Then to finish off the look I would wear mascara but lately I don't have any good ones so I tend to skip it. I currently use a tester of the 'Dimensions de Chanel' mascara in shade 10 black - which is quite nice, however it's too expensive to buy the full size one, and it's coming to the end of it's use.

If I'm not using the Chanel mascara, I use 'Better Than Sex' by Too Faced. I loved it at first, but then I found it to be a little too clumpy. I assume that's maybe due to it running out, I'm not sure.

If anyone has a good mascara to recommend, I'd be truly grateful. However, I find that wearing waterproof mascara a bit of a nuisance because it usually makes my eyelashes feel sticky and clumpy.


For the lips, I either use clear lipgloss, a pink-nude lipliner, or if I'm really feeling bold - some red lipstick. Unfortunately I don't really suit bright colours on the lips, which is really a shame because I love those colours. The Kat Von D red liquid lipstick is lovely, but I hardly ever use it. Maybe I should just go for it?

Anyway, thank you for reading today's blog post. Tell me in the comments which makeup products you like to use, and if you like to wear minimal or full makeup.

Charlotte x

Would you like to comment?

@charlosophie